Hungry for a crispy pizza… with a cauliflower crust? Sounds strange – but it tastes amazing! This version of low-carb pizza contains a mere 7 g of carbohydrates per serving. So, help yourself to an extra slice without the guilt. 😉
Low-Carb Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 60 g mozzarella (grated)
- 30 g Parmesan (grated)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
For the dough:
- 150 g tomato sauce
- 180 g mozzarella (grated)
- Fresh basil (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Cherry tomatoes (to taste)
For the toppings:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Rinse the cauliflower well and cut into small florets.
- 3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the cauliflower florets in a sieve and prop over the steaming water. Cover with a pot lid and steam for 5 minutes.
- 4. Then put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it has a rice-like consistency. Squeeze the cauliflower in a dish towel to get rid of the excess water.
- 5. Now it is time for the dough: mix the cauliflower, eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 6. Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and shape the dough to form a rectangle (or circle). Bake for 15 minutes (until the crust is golden brown).
- 7. Spread the tomato sauce on the crust and top it with cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- 8. Then put the cauliflower pizza back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 9. Garnish with fresh basil and oregano.
Interested in more low-carb recipes? Then you should download the free Runtasty app today. Have fun trying them out!