Are you looking for a dessert recipe but need or want to avoid gluten? This light and fluffy banana bread with almonds is not only gluten-free but also contains no refined sugar.
Tip: This banana bread makes for a yummy breakfast together with peanut butter or a satisfying afternoon snack along with your coffee.
Banana Bread with Almonds
- 4 bananas
- 40 g coconut oil (melted)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Vanilla powder (to taste)
- 200 g ground almonds
- 35 g ground flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F). Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Smash three bananas in a bowl. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, a pinch of salt and some vanilla powder. Stir well.
- Then mix in the almonds and flaxseed.
- Transfer the dough into the bread pan. Cut the fourth banana in half and place both halves on top of the dough.
- Bake the banana bread for 1 hour. Let it cool some before serving.
You can find other healthy & tasty recipes in the free Runtasty app. Download the app today!