This post is the review of one of the two Etude House eye shadows I bought as part of my Korean makeup and skincare haul. I was now expecting to like these eyeshadows because, most of the Korean makeup is too subtle for my taste and barely show on my face or worst case, they are too pale and ghoulish for my skin tone. This eyeshadow, on the other hand is a pleasant surprise and I have only good things to say about it. Read on to know about it.
What it is
A highly pigmented eyeshadow with silky texture for smooth application and deep eye makeup.
– Deep & Mellow: Arranging eye shape and make natural but deep and mellow eye looks.
– Light & Soft Texture: Soft & silky touch texture applied for feather-light and soft application like satin and helping makeup last longer.
How to Apply:
1. Use the index finger to apply on eyes broadly and evenly.
2. Gradate shades to appropriate eye region.
3. For dramatic, smoky eye, or point-makeup, use the middle finger to create the definition in the crease.
*Start with the lightest colors and work your way to the darkest no to wash your hands repeatedly throughout the process.
My Experience with Etude House Look at My Eyes Cafe RD301:
I wear eyeshadows on days when I wear makeup which is at least 6 times a week and that is why I keep looking for affordable, well pigmented eye shadows. These single eyeshadows by Etude House come in a coin sized aluminum pans which are securely stuck in a sturdy, clear plastic cases. I like the packaging a lot and the quantity is just right.
The shade “RD301” (I am not fond of brands naming their products in codes instead of catchy names), is a very festive shade of orange, gold and yellow. This color has a warm royal appeal to it and has warm undertone hence, it compliments my skin color well. This eye shadow is highly pigmented and it is easy to pick up with a flat eye shadow brush and to pack on the lids. It sets fast so it must be blended quickly into the eye socket.
It is a very bright shade and I would not prefer using it all over my lids, at least not into my sockets. But, it is a perfect bright warm shade for those who love to sport bright colors. It can be combined with a subtler shade such as a pale brown or skin tone shade to blend it into eye sockets and give a more muted look to eyes with just a tint of color. It can also be applied in the outer corner of the eyes with a subtle transition shade in the crease.
These eyeshadows by Etude House are reasonably priced, have a sturdy packaging and are highly pigmented. There are 28 shades to choose from and they all are fun and bright colors.
Pros of Etude House Look at My Eyes Cafe RD301:
- Packaging is very sturdy and stays intact during shipping.
- Comes in a coin sized aluminum pan. The product quantity is appreciable for the money paid.
- Shade is warm, red, orange, yellow with subtle gold glitter. This color will compliment all the skin tones.
- Highly pigmented, easy to apply with a flat brush and to blend with a fluffy brush.
- Stays crease free for at least 6-8 hours.
- When it starts to vanish, it does so uniformly and does not leave a glitter streak behind.
- Reasonably priced and comes in fun, bright colors.
Cons of Etude House Look at My Eyes Cafe RD301:
- These eyeshadows set very quickly and have to blended quickly or it will set in an unflattering manner.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Do I Recommend Etude House Look at My Eyes Cafe RD301?
It is a lovely warm, festive color with mild glitter and can be worn alone as well. It is affordable, comes in a sturdy pan and is highly pigmented. I do recommend it to the readers who love mild glitter.
Etude House Monster Micellar Cleansing Water
Etude House Mascara Remover
Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil
Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner
Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder
7 Eye Makeup Tips for Big Eyes to Look Smaller
Sunset Metallic Orange Pink Eye Makeup Look
7 Makeup Tips to Make Your Eyes Look Wide Awake
Note Cosmetics Automatic Intense Look Eye Pencil
How To Make Your Eyes Look Bigger With Makeup
Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick – Café Atreyi
Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick-Cafe Latte
Bite Beauty Cafe Matte Creme Lip Crayon