Beyoncé gave fans an intimate look into her pre-Coachella weight-loss journey with a new video documenting her plant-based diet and intense rehearsals
- Larry Busacca/Getty Images for Coachella
- Beyoncé has shared a video on her YouTube channel of her weight loss journey before headlining Coachella.
- She headlined the festival in 2018, after delaying for a year when she became pregnant with her twins.
- “I’m back on the stage after giving birth to twins. I was a woman that felt like my body was not mine,” she said in the video.
- She documented following a plant-based diet called “22 Days Nutrition” and an intense training regime.
- “It’s time to work, so I have to get in that zone,” Beyoncé narrated. “Me getting the weight off was so much easier than getting back in shape, and my body feeling comfortable.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Beyoncé has shared her weight loss journey with her fans in a new YouTube video. The clip, which is just two and a half minutes long, starts with her weighing herself at 5 a.m. before the first day of Coachella rehearsals.
“Every woman’s nightmare,” she said, pointing the camera at her feet before stepping on the scales. “This is my weight – 175 [pounds]. Long way to go. Let’s get it.”
Beyoncé headlined the festival in April 2018. She had to delay her performance by a year because she became pregnant with her baby twins Rumi and Sir, who are now 2 years old.
“I’m back on the stage after giving birth to twins. I was a woman that felt like my body was not mine,” she said in the video.
Beyoncé documented following a 100% plant-based diet called “22 Days Nutrition,” which was created by her trainer, exercise physiologist Marco Borges. In the video’s caption, it’s described as giving people who follow it “access to tools and foods that empower everyone to become their healthiest self through proper nutrition.”
Read more: 7 celebrities who have given up being vegan
“We know the power of vegetables, we know the power of plants, we know the power of foods that are unprocessed,” Borges is heard saying over the video. “Plant-based is really about eliminating all of the over-processed foods that don’t do us any good anyways.”
He added that eating plant-based gives people more energy and improves mood, which are vital with such long, intense training schedules.
“It’s time to work, so I have to get in that zone,” Beyoncé narrated. “Me getting the weight off was so much easier than getting back in shape, and my body feeling comfortable.”
The video shows clips of the foods Beyoncé was eating, like salads made of pulses and grains, soups, and smoothies. It also shows her training for Coachella and helping to put together the show.
“Seriously, you look amazing,” Borges says at the end, when Beyoncé shows him fitting into her “Wonder Woman costume.”
You can watch the full video below.
- [embedded content]